13 septiembre 2004

in which i give place to other voices of wisdom and wit

am seventeen and secure in my ignorance and utter inexperience in life. as thoreau says, "How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live." therefore instead of trying to say anything droll, i will pretend to be erudite and yield to these words from the wise to sum up my life...

*Crush: "Cuz we were like, "woaaaah.", and I was like, "woaaaah." and you were like, "woaaahh..." ~finding nemo
*"To be a woman is a feat, To drive men mad, that's valour." ~Dr. Zhivago (oh definitely)
*"...I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Walden *"Sonya! Sonya!" he again heard the first speaker. "Oh, how can you sleep? Only look how glorious it is! Ah, how glorious! Do wake up, Sonya!" she said almost with tears in her voice. "There never, never was such a lovely night before!" ~war and peace
*Old Man: "Oh, that wasn't the first time I was thrown out of a window and it won't be the last. What can I say? I'm a rebel." ~the emperor's new groove
*"'Sir,' I answered, 'a wanderer's repose or a sinner's reformation should never depend on a fellow-creature. Men and women die; philosophers falter in their wisdom, and Christians in goodness: if any one you know has suffered and erred, let him look higher than his equals for strength to amend, and solace to heal.'" ~jane eyre
*Cosmo Brown: "Well haven't ya heard? She's irresistible. She told me so herself." ~singin' in the rain
*"You know you're a missionary when... you read National Geographic and get homesick" ~el turi