23 diciembre 2007

A Love Story


I) He

We have thought, O God, on Your lovingkindness
A Father of the fatherless, a defender of widows…
God sets the solitary in
families
Your righteousness is like the great mountains

Our God shall come, and shall not keep silent;
A fire shall devour before Him,
And it shall be very tempestuous all around Him


“If I were hungry, I would not tell you;
For the world is Mine, and all its
fullness.”

The Lord loves justice
The Lord takes pleasure in those who fear Him,
In those who hope in His mercy
For the LORD takes pleasure in His people


“See? I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands.”
The LORD looks from heaven;
He sees all the sons of men.
He fashions their hearts individually


You make the outgoings of the morning and evening rejoice…
You crown the year with Your goodness
Your paths drip with abundance
He has made everything beautiful in its time
Also, He has put eternity in the hearts of men


By You I have been upheld from birth

II) She


Our enemies laugh among themselves
We wandered in the wilderness in a desolate way; we found no city to dwell in
Hungry & thirsty, our soul fainted in us
We sat in darkness & in the shadow of death, bound in affliction & irons-

… because we rebelled against the words of God & despised the counsel of the Most High

Fools! Because of our iniquities and transgressions- afflicted
By the rivers of Babylon, There we sat down, Yea, we wept

“Vanity of vanities! All is vanity…”

And look! The tears of the oppressed, but they have no comforter-
On the side of their oppressors there is power, But we have no comforter

There is one alone, without companion: He has neither son nor brother

Yet there is no end to all his labors, nor is his eye satisfied with riches
The abundance of the rich will not permit him to sleep
All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet his soul is not satisfied

Their land is also full of silver and gold …
Their land is also full of
idols
People bow down, & each man humbles himself.
O My people! Those who lead you cause you to err!

These people: hearts dull, ears heavy, eyes shut
[I was so foolish and ignorant; I was like a beast before You]

Fearfulness has seized the hypocrites!
Who among us shall dwell with the devouring Fire?
We look to the earth and see trouble


& darkness
& gloom of anguish…
& we are driven into

darkness.

III) The One

The Lord stands up to plead
(for the redemption of their souls is costly)

A child is given… His name?

Wonderful.
Counselor.
Mighty God.
Everlasting Father.
Prince of
Peace.
(Him whom man despises, Him whom the nation abhors)

Emmanuel

Comfort! Yes, comfort My people-
Behold: My servant…! My Elect One in whom My soul delights!
He will not fail
Nor be discouraged
Till He has established
JUSTICE in the earth

“Therefore I have set My face like a flint”
(His visage was marred more than any man)

He has no form or comeliness

“Come to Me,
all You who are weary
and heavy laden, and
I will give
you
REST.”
And when we see Him,
(He looked on the multitudes and had compassion)
There is no beauty that we should desire Him.
“And you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.”
He is despised and rejected by men,

“O, Jerusalem! Jerusalem!
How often I wanted to gather your children
together…
BUT
you were not willing.”

A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief
“…But be of good cheer: I have overcome the world.”

Surely He has borne our griefs
(Jesus wept.)
… But He was wounded for our transgressions,
“Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save Me from this hour?’”
He was bruised for our iniquities
(He groaned in His spirit.)
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him
Having loved His own who were in the world,
And by His stripes we are healed.
He loved them to the end.

He poured out His soul unto death.
"That the world may know that I love the Father..."

“E l o i , E l o i !

L a m a

s a b a c h t h a n i . . .?!”

The zeal of the LORD of Hosts will perform this.

IV) An Announcement
(now on the first day of the week, while it was still dark,
the stone had been taken away from the tomb.

so they both ran together
outside the tomb, weeping
stooped down and looked
turned around and saw
did not know
(supposing)
!

“Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?”

“RABBONI!!!”

“Go to My brethren and say to them,
‘I am ascending to My Father and
YOUR Father,
and to My God and
YOUR God!’ ”

Peace
Be with you
Receive the Holy Spirit.


Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”

V) This is Love

Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who trusts in Him-
[For You have broken the yoke of our burden & the rod of our oppressor]
He brought us out of darkness and the shadow of death and broke our chains in pieces
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds

He restores my soul

They looked to Him and were radiant,
And their faces were not ashamed
So the ransomed of the LORD shall return and come to
ZION
With singing,
With everlasting joy on their heads.
They shall obtain joy and gladness;
Sorrow and sighing shall flee away.

(Whoever walks the road, although a fool, shall not go astray.)

Oh, magnify the LORD with me, And let us exalt His name together!