06 marzo 2006

"what's that dash between the two dates on the gravestone? it's your life..."

thought one:
"Never miss out on a chance to keep your mouth shut..."~> La Dona Eliot



thought two:
Fair. it's not. that i see so much. and so many see so little.

explain? i will...

i've seen what beautiful Christian holiness look like... in my mother first, then waboom-kablooey in my heroes in Peru, in so many I've met since being born of the Spirit...

i've seen what stunning Christian intelligence looks like... in my brother and his friends, in my professors, in Ravi Zacharias and C.S. Lewis...

i've seen what the sublime family of God looks like... in my own, in the Trujillos, in our Church, at LeTourneau...

i've heard so much good teaching, and seen so many good examples. i may not be in the middle of a great awakening, but there are sincere kids all around me.

and so many don't have ANY of that... if they're fortunate, some have a similitude of the Gospel, which, even diluted, is the power of God unto salvation, but ai de mi so many don't have the riches of what salvation is all about... the sanctifying of the whole person to God... the privilege of being among those whose lives are undergoing such...

this is my version of a rant. i'm ANGRY, exceedingly so, that this is true... but where do i aim my anger? at the beloved Church of God? at this pseudo-Christianity everywhere? at myself? i can never attain to anger that profits... its just circular and vain... ugh...

thought three:
"I am obsessed with perfection in words."


* * * *
You scored as Sociology.
You should be a Sociology major!

Linguistics

92%

Psychology

92%

Journalism

92%

Sociology

92%

English

83%

Philosophy

75%

Anthropology

67%

Mathematics

50%

Art

42%

Dance

17%

Engineering

17%

Theater

8%

Chemistry

0%

Biology

0%

WHAT IS YOUR PERFECT MAJOR?
created with QuizFarm.com