04 noviembre 2005

a week's worth of thoughts... off wherever dead thoughts go... here are the remnant

thought one:
isn't it funny how "crises" of belief differ from person to person? for instance, i have issues with hell, yet i am pretty much... ah, what's the word...? letsee... "the suffering in the world is not a crisis point for me." sensical or non?

ok. let me try again.

some people lose their faith because of the evil in this world or because of science/ historical finds that cast shadows on their convictions. all those things strengthen my faith and make me more convinced. yet the concept of hell, which my brother says gives him not a faith-hiccup [not in so many words] is... difficult. likewise, OSAS has always seemed kinda off to me, and it was easy for me to renounce it. others, even strong Christians, hold that as dogma... "salvation by grace through faith... forever-no-matter-what-you-do-or-believe-thereafter." abortion is so achingly glaringly evil to me, and yet others see it is as a situational, personal issue. homosexuality... ah, how to phrase this... i hate as a cruel, sick, sad evil, but i have no actual dislike or disdain for homosexuals. not a virtue or accomplishment on my part... just my natural reaction. others see homosexuals as complete abominators and are not opposed to reinstating old testament laws. (which i'm not even getting into right now.)

it's just funny, how the framework of belief gets built.

why are tongues an issue now and not in the early Church?
why didn't the Medieval Church have the same affection for the Jews as Evangelicals do today?
why did the early Church have such a conflict over the nature of Christ, which we kinda just take for granted?
why does the Bible not give a one-two-three steps to salvation guide?
etc.

history thrills me.

thought two:

what do the following have in common?

-ships/cars/airplanes
-fortune
-moon
-earth
-sea
-cities
-nations
-philosophy

thought three:

fortune/ chance is not a "force"... it is the name given to group phenomena having no apparent relation to will.

still. is there such a thing as chance? surely God does not ordain the outcome of every flipped coin? or are unknown natural laws the determinant?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

Hi Bek!
go here and prepare to have your heart melted into torrent streams!

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/a/m/t/amttaris.htm

p.s. the same writer wrote "O Happy Day That Fixed My Choice."

lunes, 07 noviembre, 2005  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Hi Bek!
go here and prepare to have your heart melted into torrent streams!

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/a/m/t/amttaris.htm

p.s. the same writer wrote "O Happy Day That Fixed My Choice."

lunes, 07 noviembre, 2005  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Double emphasis...I meant to do that! Just in case you missed it the first time.

lunes, 07 noviembre, 2005  
Blogger berekkah said...

yaaaaaaa... somebody (non-robotic) wrote to me!!! bless you, bless you, bless you my dear.

love ya mucho.

rebekkah

p.s. that song is some good stuff.. even in midi i love it.

lunes, 07 noviembre, 2005  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home